Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Barefoot running



I remember when I bought my first pair of running shoes. The clerk in the store let me run with a couple pairs outside the store to see how they would fit while I run. It was a dream. I ran so much lighter and freer than I ever have before. From that day, I fell in love with those shoes. I have taken with them to run across the Rockies, along California's shores, through the Redwood forest, along the Provo river, through mud, rain, and tears. I have had several pair of runnning shoes since then, and I never thought I could love a pair of shoes more than those.

However, that day might have come! I have been recently introduced to the world of bare foot running! Last week I ran almost 6 miles with nothing on my feet. No shoe compares with the millenium of evolution that has crafted our feet into the ultimate running machine.

Now you might ask, this is all great and dandy, but feet aren't a type of shoe. Well, the problem with barefoot is that you need to be careful about not pucturing your foot. The places I love to run is usually out in nature and will have things to mame your foot. Plus, thousands of years ago, the ancient man didn't have to worry about broken glass. Then I discovered this:

It is the barefoot shoe. It is the merger of modern technology with nature's wisdom. This shoe let's my foot move in its natural way, while the rubber protects my sensitive modern foot from foreign objects. I think I am in love all over again.

2 comments:

  1. So I knew you kept a blog, but I didn't know you updated it recently. Are you going to stick with it? I look forward to reading more of your posts. Also, I have seen a few people running barefoot and I always wondered about it. I was glad to read this post. Those shoes look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly what I need right now... Me and my son will have a great adventure then with our barefoot running shoes

    ReplyDelete